About

Sunday 28 October 2007

On seeing a man about a dog

Or, in this case, a Chinese herbalist about a fertility issue.

We finally made the trip down to Palmerston North at the weekend to visit a Chinese herbalist in relation to health and infertility. Although I'm firmly in the mumbo jumbo camp when it comes to most things alternative, this is one of those situations where I just can't be absolutely certain that perhaps there isn't some truth to it when people say it's done this good thing or that, and for the sake of that small chance, it's worth a shot. The fertility issue is definitely our priority, but even if it can help my endo, or just my general health, we'll be happy.

So, the husband and I trotted along on Saturday morning, after a Friday night flight down (thank you Air New Zealand for not bumping our sub-loading asses off either the flight there, or the flight home), had our pulses taken, our tongues looked at (??), and our medical histories examined.

Annnnd, we now each have courses of Chinese herbs to chug down, so from there we'll see what happens.

The husband's little pile of herbals ...





My little pile of herbals ...



Notice anything?

Mmmm hmmm. Exactly. All things considered, I'm a bit miffed about the inequality of it all. Apparently he just needs to relax between 5pm and 7pm and get better sleep, while I need to swallow half the plant life in China over about 8 weeks. Yeesh.

Apparently the husband is 'quite simple' *snort*, while I am 'more ....... complex' ...

I could have told her that.

No comments: