About

Wednesday 3 October 2007

Still good

I arrived at work yesterday at the much more civilised time of 7.50am, only almost fell off my chair twice, didn't smack into the wall at all, and continued to enjoy leaving at 3pm.

All's good in this here little world my friends, just a little on the I-have-no-news-which-is-incredibly-boring side of things.

Unless of course you count the gorgeous toilet bag that I found while out for a quick 10 minute walk at lunch time yesterday? Al wasn't quite convinced though that it was a bargain at $245.00, regardless of how long I've been stalking toilet bags and how earnestly I presented my case. Honestly, I don't know that he processed anything much at all beyond $245.00 because from that point on in the conversation it was all wide-eyed staring, and mouth opening and closing like a landed fish. I half wonder if, since we were at the park with the dogs at the time, he didn't consider drowning me in the stream and being done with it just for a brief minute there (I'll pretend it was brief anyway).

I think he knew this was going to happen though ... me, in Newmarket. It's a recipe for Visa-associated disaster.

Nothing but good times ahead.

(As a side issue - did I mention by the way that courtesy of blatant trickery and deception at Pak'n'Save (and possibly a failure to read the label on the product on my part), I ended up coming home with onion bagels last week, instead of my usual, beloved, plain ones? How on earth am I supposed to put cream cheese and jam on an onion bagel? Bollocks)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do believe a photo of said toilet bag is now in order!

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Substitute relish for jam.

And NO. $245 for a toilet bag?!!?!?!??!?!?!?! If you get a photo (as Sarah said) then I'll make you one.

$245!!!!!!!!

Holy geepers.

That's a whole $245.

P.S. Rhiannon has more stock in shop. Her hoodies are not $245.

Simonne said...

Ooooo! Yes please Nikki!! (Once you have finished studying, of course! I'll send you a piccy (of a different concept which I looove - easy peasy to make too I'd bet), and funds, and leave the rest up to you! (as in, gorgeous fabric choice etc)

Also, in case anyone was in any doubt, I did let out a rather surprised squeek when I looked at the price tag ... but my shock had been dulled a little by having picked one up just before it which was $495. I kid you not. If it wasn't a small store, I'd take a photo of the price tag to prove it too!

Anonymous said...

We have to have a photo of this toilet bag!! Did it come fully supplied? Does it lay everything out for you?? Yes, I must see this toilet bag!!

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Does it make up your face for you? I'd 1/2 expect that for all that money.

And no funds S. I sorta have a pay it forward thing going on... but yours is more a pay it back sort of thing. But I know you won't accept that, so it's a pay it forward from other nice things people have done for me.

Just let me know your preferences.