About

Monday 29 October 2007

The ring thing

It continues...

These things are never as simple as you hope they'll be.

They are progressing, though. Slowly.

As of a week and a half ago, the ring setting was hanging out with a manufacturing jeweller after Diamond & Time advised they couldn't replace the diamond. I'm not entirely sure how it took them close to 2 weeks to work that out, but the woman I’d been dealing with when taking the setting in was a bee-arch, so all’s well that ends well. The husband was lucky enough to deal with the same bee-arch when he uplifted the setting, and apparently she doubts that any jeweller will be able to restore the ring. We'll see.

So, Thursday before last I advised my insurer of the new jeweller's details, and last Thursday they arranged to have a quote sent through so that they could negotiate with the jeweller as to paying out as little as possible. From there, I haven't heard and can only assume that the necessary paperwork is being created, and that said paperwork will turn into an engagement ring at some stage before I'm ninety.

Ye gads.

So, 3 weeks down, and we've hardly even started.

(The husband is currently cheerfully running around behind me frying flies with an electric fly-swat. Jack is cheerfully running around behind him because apparently fried flies are doggy popcorn. It's very distracting.)

No comments: