About

Monday 16 July 2007

Actual clever, I thought

I was driving to work this morning, sitting in my car on the South Western (well, on my way to the South Western), and taking in all the new construction. There's a lot of construction going on in South Auckland, especially around Wiri, along Roscommon Road, and there's not much else to look at really while you're waiting at the lights. Anyway, the warehouses etc have been going up for a few months, and gradually the taggers have flocked, and made their usual mess.


I despise taggers above all else. Absolutely, completely despise them. They make an absolute mess of things for no other reason than they feel like it and because they have no respect for what people have worked hard for, and because they will probably work hard for nothing. Ever. They think they're cool, but they're about as cool as something I'd scrape off my shoe.


But, this got me thinking about one instance of tagging which I thought was particularly clever. I came across it about 3 years ago, and have always remembered with a smile. I've probably told any number of you about because it impressed me so, and honestly if I ever came across the kid that did it, I'd shake his hand and give him a pat on the back. He was cool.


He tagged a massive length of sidewalk along the road which runs adjacent to ours, in huge letters which took up the entire width of the sidewalk. And, he did it with a waterblaster. So, he did his tagging, made no permanent damage because within a couple of months it had completely faded from the side walk, gave me and I imagine others a very good laugh, and had anyone been very upset about it, they could have just gone over it with a waterblaster themselves and that would have been the end of it.

Kudos to him. If only other taggers had half a brain cell to rub together.

No comments: