About

Wednesday 11 July 2007

The nod

There is some restructuring going on at work at the moment. Head Office have realised that the construction industry in New Zealand is largely driven from Auckland, and therefore Auckland is a very important arm of the company. Big development in Queenstown? Chances are the specs have been done by an Auckland Architect. You see what I mean? There is going to be more energy being poured into Auckland.

As part of that restructuring, I was offered a new job with my company yesterday - Auckland sales and technical rep.

It really was, for me, the nod from these guys that I can hold my own. It was recognition of the job I'm doing, and how well I do it, the strong relationship I've built with the customers I deal with, and the organisation that I've brought to their lives.

That nod really made my day.

No comments: