About

Tuesday 31 July 2007

The aliens have landed

I have been taken over by a pressing need to nest.

One minute, I was minding my own business, and the next thing I knew, my fridge was sparkling, my utensil drawer was a shadow of it's former self, and there is a rather large bill for Tupperware on my Visa. Stuff is being turfed left, right and centre, I'm starting to ponder the (future) redesign of my kitchen, and Al and I are doing battle over whether the mis-matched cushions in the lounge are going bye-bye (really, it's just an exercise in allowing the husband to give in gracefully. The cushions are going bye-bye). He likes his squashed, clashing cushions, but then he's also used to dealing with a wife, so I'm pretty sure he realises he's just arguing on principal at this point, and that I'm just arguing back because I like it. He's probably surprised that he doesn't have new cushions already (which is because I lined up some gorgeous ones the other day, but they were $100.00 each. Ahem. And, that was on sale too. Now, I have to find something I like just as much. (It's like the overnight bag dilemma. I've wanted/needed one for about 2 years, but I found one last Christmas which was worthy of actual worship ...and it was $1,000.00. Now, do you think I can find anything I like even half as much for an amount that's not more than my fortnightly mortgage? No. Of course.)

I'd like to put the nesting down to the imminence of spring, but I think it's actually about finally making my home my home, not my home pending children.

Or, you know, it could also be just that I hadn't cleaned the fridge in a while, and there's a level of horror associated with finding a plum sauce that expired four years ago that propels one to also clean out the pantry, and it just snowballs from there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know....that sounds like how I ended up cleaning the living room and bedroom (not to mention re-arranging furniture and deciding what new stuff I want to buy to make the house look more classy and not something 2 harrassed parents have thrown together!!!). Eyeing up the kitchen and bathroom next.