About

Tuesday 10 July 2007

What looks like crazy on an ordinary day

Crap book. Didn't even finish it. Barely even started it.

Great blog post title. Kudos to me for reapplying it where it was worthy.

My cold is holding it's own, and much to my disgust I think I'm still in the pre-actual-suffering stage. The husband went through the same thing for weeks, and ended up with the only flu he's had since I've known him. You never know whether to let it do its own thing and drag on, or take the dogs for a walk in a storm, and get it over with quicker. The husband opted for the storm last week, and it worked a treat.


I've come to a conclusion about this husband of mine in the last few days. Most especially about his desire to have children, and where that desire stems from.

The thought started niggling a week or so ago when for the umpteenth time, he was chasing the dogs around the house with a can of whipped cream ... he's yelling, they're barking, there is all manner of banging and crashing going on, and the house smells like a dessert. A marvellous time is had by all of course, or at least those 3 anyway - I'm usually sitting in the lounge with my fingers in my ears, hoping they don't break anything, and trying not to think of the mess.

It niggled again a few days later when, in the midst of that thunder and lightening storm (we were walking the dogs at the park - unfortunately, the only weather condition that they find offensive is hail and that's only because it hurts their noses), he leaped in the stream at a major point and starting building a dam. I'm talking hand-clapping delight here when the water started to back up, and he's been back every day since looking for more logs to throw in there. One of these days I'm going to find him smuggling a hand saw into the park to assist in this endeavour.

And now, he wants a Batman costume. I was looking at vintage tees on Ferrit last night (No, I didn't buy any, I'm still behaving ... or trying to ... but someone told me about them, and I had to look) and he spotted the Batman costume. It even comes with muscles (!!). And, it's in his size. Admittedly though he was kidding about this. I think.

So, I've realised that he's in this kid thing for one reason above most others. He's after a mini partner in crime. A little person who he can pin stuff on and who will legitimise his inner (lovable) 5 year old. Someone to help him chase the dogs, build dams, and help him get away with wearing a Batman costume.

No comments: