About

Friday 9 May 2008

I love that about life

The instant I hit 'publish' on a post which says that there hasn't been much activity in the uterus department today, and have joyous celebrations about it, there starts to be activity in the uterus department.

Blimmin cramps.

I wonder if this is No. 9 preparing me for those inevitable moments where I will loudly declare in front of witnesses that my child would never do such a thing (whatever 'such a thing' may be) as my child does exactly that such thing right there on the spot. Just because.

Or maybe he's just paying me back for the singing...

I hope I haven't stunted the growth of his ears.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

this phase is a killer isn't it?

wish we could magically make it two months hence when tiny niney is well and truly ensconced and doing his best to make you invert the entire lining of your stomach 11 times a day.

powerful ensconcing thoughts coming right at you . . .

Simonne said...

AND just to be cheerful, it seems that things can always get worse.

I've trying to decide whether giving up the cramps temporarily in favour of a day-long hot flush is actually worth it. I think I preferred the cramps. They were kind of friendly.

Anonymous said...

here's hoping your cramps AND hot flush are just some hormone related anomaly, and that number nine is kicking right back, wringing his teeny weeny hands and planning word domination. little poop.
btw, happy mothers day xxx

Anonymous said...

hee hee, according to this you have at least 22 years left to keep on with the ivf caper . . . not that i think it will take you two that long, given the proclivity of your ovaries to toss out multiple eggies, but this is a feelgood story anyway. made ME feel quite young . . .
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,23676191-3102,00.html

Simonne said...

How on earth do you do 11 IVF cycles? I'm such a wuss - 1 cycle was 1 too many for me!

As for little nine planning world domination - he's at least dominated my poor pants which I can NOT do up. I am going to have to do some serious exercise if it turns out there's no little person growing in there.