About

Wednesday 21 May 2008

Someone is playing clever buggers

We had a wee disagreement last night, me and No. 9, which, at the time, I thought was a little on the nose. I fed us as usual, hoovering a marvellous '50's dinner' of roast lamb with roasted vegetables and broccoli. But, somewhere between the last mouthful, my getting off the couch to get seconds (yes, I know. We have about another 12 months or so before the habit of sitting anywhere but at the kitchen table to eat dinner will go bye bye), and my reaching the leftovers in the kitchen, No. 9 decided he abhored the small of roast meat, and no I would not have any seconds.

Obviously, I was not of the same opinion, but I let it slide because he's new.

But tonight, tonight, the little ...... blob of preciousness decided that he felt like one of my favourite dinners, made me think about it all afternoon, let me spend an hour preparing and cooking it, let me serve it up whilst salivating my little heart out, let me take two mouthfuls and then decided he didn't want any. And, no, not just a "Mum, I'm so sorry, but I don't reeeeally feel like this anymore". No. Oh, no, no, no ... it was a "I don't want it and you're not having it either HA HA! See if you can make it to the bathroom before I reverse those two mouthfuls you already had! Run mummy, Run!!".

Whose idea was it to have a kid again?

(I did make it to the bathroom, by the way, so it's kind of 1 all. Kind of)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh...or even giggle. But honestly, isn't it amazing how something not even the size of a bean manage to exert full control over what we eat?? Scary really.

Hope it settles down for you soon sweetie!