About

Wednesday 25 June 2008

DOH!!

We woke up this morning to no hot water. None. Not even a smidge.

I was first alerted to this fact when the husband took a shower ... for about 15 seconds, and then shivered his way into the bedroom, his skin an alarming shade of blue. You can imagine what temperature the water was in the context of us having had constant hailstorms from about 5pm last night.

It appears that there is something veeeery wrong with our hot water cylinder. And, believe me, we were both cheered heartily when we squinted our way into the hot water cupboard, and saw that the blooming thing is 20 years old, and has, quite likely, shat itself.

Which also means that we may have no hot water for a day or two (or *gulp* more) while we sort out a new cylinder/a califont/a new element/whatever the hell we need to sort out. Here's hoping not. At least I seem to have a reliable electrical company on standby who have promised, cross their hearts hope to die stick a needle in their eye, to come this afternoon. I swear, if they don't turn up today I am going to go so hormonal on their asses.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't this mean you need to go, being a fragile pregnant woman and all, to a LUXURY SPA, or something, in order to maintain correct levels of pregnancy cleanliness, having a long soaky bath and a massage to alleviate the very dangerous stress induced by the situation? (if you haven't thought of this already, your hormones are beyond recovery).

Simonne said...

*Sigh* It's a true sign that the old ginger has disappeared completely that I didn't think of that at all. How is it that I think of a spa or some such, immediately calculate all cost and work out what the same money would provide for No. 9 ...?

Anonymous said...

hmmm, you are now, officially, and absolutely, a PARENT. welcome to the REALLY dark side.

gone are the conscienceless self-indulgent days. sorry.

nice eh?

Anonymous said...

it could just be the ripple switch didn't trip last night.might want to check that first? that's happened to me before - a pain in the butt, but not as bad as a bung cylinder!

Mel Archer said...

I'm with Ruth on the luxury spa idea ;). Good luck with the electrician/plumbers - I'm over tradespeople at present (read my latest post) Grrrr...

Simonne said...

No idea where one would find a ripple switch, but hopefully the electrician does. If that's all it is, I'll be so grateful that it's not going to cost a million dollars for a new element or whatever that I'll fall on his feet and hand him his callout fee on the spot.

The husband said if the cylinder had gone to the big junk yard in the sky, there's be water everywhere, so phew that at least it's not that.

Ruthie - *Sigh* and that's all I'll say about that. The kid has ears ... if I begrudge it something it'll probably bounce on my bladder. Again.