About

Wednesday 4 June 2008

If I just keep eating, everything will be ok

Seriously. No. 9 reeeally likes food. If I keep eating, he keeps quiet. It seems like an ok deal, as long as he's not making me eat anything vile.

Am I getting boring? Talking about pregnancy stuff? Do I need to mix it up a little? Go shopping perhaps? (that reminds me - I'm still working on (slash hiding from) my budgety seriousness post. I must finish that. The problem is that I take one look at the budget that inspired contemplation of the post and next thing I'm curled up on the floor rocking to and fro and all my shoes and handbags are flashing before my eyes and that's the end of it).

The thing with going on (and on and on) about the pregnancy stuff, even though you're getting bored, is this:

Firstly, it's cool.

Secondly, I never thought I'd be able to.

Thirdly, I'm too damn tired to do anything else that would give me something (anything!) else to talk about (except for the vacuum cleaner of course, and we can blame the tired for dropping it in the water and trying to blow myself up).

Fourthly, it's my blog and it's here to indulge me.

Ergo, as long as I'm not bored, I can go on as much as I like. Weee!

The cold's reign of terror (yes, perhaps a little exaggerated, but I'm hormonal. I can exaggerate as much as I like) continues today, and consequently I still haven't forgiven the husband for giving it to me, bless him ...and bless me too while we're at it because much sneezing has been going on. And since we're talking about sneezing, have you ever tried to have a fit of sneezing whilst being taken over by morning sickness? You should not be able to do both things at the same time. There should be rules. Exclusions. It should be like sneezing with your eyes open. Impossible. But, as it happens, it's entirely possible, and yes, quite disgusting, although I urge you not to picture it. All I will say is thank goodness that I was in the shower at the time. On a positive note, big ups to No. 9 for actually giving me morning sickness in the morning. Clever wee soul. Never mind that he kept it up all day after that.

And on the topic of morning sickness and colds, I've discovered a slight issue with the preggie pops (aside from having run out, and their being $9.95 for 6). Having a cold makes nausea a lot worse, which requires preggie pops to get through the working day. No preggie pops = continuing revolting nausea. Preggie pops with a cold that is causing ones nose to be blocked = air supply cut off. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Still, for all that I am feeling cheerful. I was in at the clinic this afternoon and after a quick debate as to whether or not I might be able to run down the hall and give myself a scan before anyone noticed, I jumped on the scales and I haven't put on any weight as yet ... I've lost 2kg! I'm assuming it's a 100% increase in raw carrots in my diet, and a complete lack of chocolate brownies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bring on the morning (all day) sickness posts...it is YOUR blog...we choose to read it...Regardless of what you write, it's always sassy and fun, so bring on more sickness stories! (And I do hope for your sake it abates soon!)

Anonymous said...

I say write about what you like. I get too much of a kick out of your posts about pregnancy to possibly be bored by them, especially when you have the skills to almost make morning sickness sounds amusing. All the same hopefully no. 9 lets up soon. Then we can start on the heart burn posts. weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :o)

Anonymous said...

reading the blog is a joy. we are just so happy no 9 is doing what he ought to be, and that is making your life change COMPLETELY AND FOREVER. its magic.
xxx