About

Monday 25 August 2008

Heavens! Who knew there'd be an uproar? In which we release the name.

What if we change our minds? Wouldn't you prefer to not know for a bit than get used to a name and then have to get used to another? (Although having said that, the chances are slim that we'll change it simply because we're far too lazy to go trawling for names again. We didn't enjoy the trawling)

By reading on you have hereby forfeited your rights to complain if we do happen to change our minds. Or the name order. Or anything.

OK. Deep breath.

Introducing ...

Cuinn Lachlan.

Cuinn (the Gaelic form of Quinn, pronounced the same) means wisdom, so at least if he gets none from us, which is highly likely genetics being what they are, he'll have some somewhere, even if it's just in the meaning of his name.

Lachlan means warrior from the land of the lochs. Considering what this little guy has been through to be with us, it's perfect ... even if it's more warrior from the petri dish.

There you go.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grrrrrrrrr! I stay Fozzie bentley Dexter St Cool is a better handle, but Cuinn will do for now.

For my part I shall spend the next few months working on a nickname for him. Leave it with me...

sp

Esther said...

Ohhhhh, that's nice! Well done you two! We have a Quinn in our extended family and it's a lovely name. Strong, yet somehow...soft.
Arg, not making sense, but I love it!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh that is a gorgeous name!! I really like it!!!! And I like the spelling too!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous wee name - he will DEFINITELY suit the 'moolala' cow-plastered onesie from the organic shop with a handle like that.

Nikki Elisabeth said...

I forgot to mention I like. Yup. Cuinn is cool.

And if you have to change it before he arrives... I TOTALLY understand. 'Tis the blessing of not knowing the sex until birth. (Eek, that doesn't mean I don't like it. Just that I know things can change. Ya know? Foot in mouth anyone?)