About

Thursday 28 August 2008

A mixed bag from the OB

Firstly, to the woman with the gorgeous baby girl I saw in the waiting room yesterday who was obviously in there for her six week check up post birth, who was also approximately as wide as one of my thighs (the woman not the baby girl) and actually looked fabulous wearing black tights - I hate you.

Now, some very, very good news. Well, vaguely. The placenta is still very low, yes, BUT is actually now clear of the cervix meaning a natural birth is on the cards.

The kicker that always accompanies good news? Cuinn, bless his hefty little self, is weighing in at a porky 335 grams as at yesterday. I sincerely hope that that is height as opposed to width.

What else?

Al and I are both negative blood types and so the Rhesus factor isn't an issue for us. Contrary to my thinking that two negatives make a positive, apparently I did sleep through most of my biology classes in school, and Cuinn will have a negative blood type. Or, if he doesn't, someone shouldn't have been drinking before coming into the lab and mixing us up some babies.

I need to stop being a wimp and book into antenatal classes.

Oooo! Yes! A little piece of ... trivia? ... and something I am very glad I didn't know until now ... 40% of couples who get to IVF will never have a baby *gulp*. We are very, very lucky indeed to have the wiggly little heavy-weighter. Very. Very, very.

Very.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, little mr porky sounds good to go already. he is now heavier than some babies are born! fantastic news. he probably has cankles too - lie his big cousin who did not fit many shoes today, except those with most accommodating velcro straps.
and you might end up with a NATURAL BIRTH (i dont know who called it that but they are an arse, nothing natural about THAT process) how cool it that?
you are lucky lucky souls.