About

Wednesday 20 August 2008

So it went a little like this ...

Technician: "The baby ... is .... standing on its head?"

Me: Heehehehehehehehehehe!!!


And cue about 5 minutes of me trying to stop laughing (and a firstly indulgent, but quickly irritated look from the technician). Seriously. Only our kid. Standing on its head. Excellent. Even better, standing on its head doing the splits. Heaven knows there he gets the acrobatics thing from, but it sure as hell isn't me.

This was followed by about 45 minutes of cursing, very annoyed noises and mutterings from the technician as she tried to dig Hellboy out of my pelvis. We also have completely crap pictures of everything because he refused to move out of my pelvis (I'm guessing there's an xbox in there?), wiggled if he was forced to move therefore proving his point that we should have left him where he was damn well happy, thank you very much, and in the end we got him to move by tipping me on my head which as you can imagine was very comfortable indeed, and yet still didn't help because yes, he did pop back up, but all we got then was wiggling.

And that, sadly, is that. I tried to find an interesting shot to post, but even I can't tell what they are, and that's with the labels on (I'm going to be one of those parents that takes the wrong kid home from kindy, I can see it now). They're all blurring shots taken, out of necessity, while Hellboy was on the move, because apparently it's funny to lie on your back so the technician can't get spinal measurements, and then flip onto your head when she eventually gives up and decides to take head measurements, and then stick your hands in front of your face while she's trying to make sure your lip/nose view is normal, and so on and so forth for a very long time. While mummy is tipped unnaturally backwards in screaming pain. (As I said, the only clear shot we got was of his bits, and I just feel a little uncomfortable posting it)

So, I paid the little shite back by having a nice hot Thai curry, and we're just going to pretend that I'm enjoying the indigestion.


...


Oh, for goodness sake, the husband is rather proud and wants to show the world his boy's bits. Aye aye aye. Parents get sued for this sort of thing.




Ooooo! I just found a face shot (thank heavens for the 'Profile' tag huh?)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just me, but is he munching on shrimp cocktail in utero? At least that's what it looks like he's doing in the second pic... And I could never tell what the scan was showing either. Kinda like Rachel on Friends -- "I can't see it!" "I lost it again!" Fortunately, I can *usually* pick my child out of the crowd at daycare. Unless she's wearing one of the other children's clothing because she's messed her own, which has happened more than once because she's a messy wee thing and I'm a slack mother who always forgets to pack extra clothes. My advice? Implant a microchip immediately after birth. Then you can just wave an electronic wand thingie over the assembled miniature people and grab the one that beeps. And I'm not sure I'm ready to give up calling Hellboy by the nickname #9 just yet... But it's quite punk and rebel, so it might grow on me. ;)

Mel Archer said...

Heh heh! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

completely forgot to ask? has that darn placenta moved at all? or is hellboy using it as a springboard still . . .

Anonymous said...

funny isn't it, we never got offered a pic of amelia's gender-specific body parts - like your beastie, she had all on clear display, but there was a sort of embargo on actual photos.
not even born yet and the differences start already.
how are you feeling now that's all over? halfway there baby, halfway there.
magic.

Simonne said...

You know, I reeeally wasn't expecting the photo, but apparently they put to CD every shot they take and there it was!

Halfway there feels ... still strange to be honest. I still have a level of disbelief going on, even when I wake at 2am and feel him doing heaven knows what in there. We planned a small purchase for him today, and I still feel a bit fraudulent ... mind you, perhaps disbelief is a good thing. When he's screaming down the house at 2am in 6 months time, I can pretend it's still not happening ...

I'm relieved though - this was the last big hurdle. I know we're not home and hosed till he's here, but there's a creeping feeling that everything just might be ok.

Anonymous said...

we are so relieved and happy for you that things are fine. we look at our house, strewn with the debris of amelia's latest fads, and are so thankful for every smelly messy inch of her.
btw, is mr 9 still very giant, or has he grown into his feet and legs for the time being?
reminds me of the only weird comment we got in amelia's scan; 'she has very long femurs for a caucasian'- left us wondering what the hell we were having if it wasn't caucasian . . .