About

Wednesday 9 July 2008

I'm up for that

The husband declared yesterday morning that we're only having one child.

Booya!

He won't get an argument from over here.

No. 9 has been a complete toad the last few days and I've had hours at a time where I can hardly move. And I have to be very careful how I hardly move because if I hardly move in ever so slightly the wrong way, I pop a hip. Bless. (We're not really liking pregnancy over here - phew that we're down to six months to go)

The husband was however, less concerned about my pain-swamped nether-regions and more shitting himself over an article on the best schools in Auckland (and consequently that all the worst schools seem to be in our immediate vacinity) in the latest Metro magazine and how much it is therefore likely going to cost us to ensure No. 9 gets a decent secondary education. Or any kind of education really.

Anyone seen Strathallan's fee structure lately? *faint*

The good news is, it's much worse at Dio.

And just to top it off (which should have him running for a just-in-case snip when No. 9 is about a week old), you should have seen the look on the husband's face when I floated whether we should start No. 9 there from primary so that he/she would be established and wouldn't have to make the change and therefore new friends and social networks come age 13 or whatever. He went five shades of white, then a startling green, put his head in his hands and moaned something that ended in overtime. (I love that his first thought was overtime, and not kicking my ass back to work. Maybe he just knows that about 6 to twelve months of shopping deprivation will deal to the at-home parent thing nicely)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about St Cuthberts? It's a little cheaper than Dio!! hehehe

Simonne said...

GAH!

Anonymous said...

Yeah right. Only planning one kid, yet you're already referring to them by numbers? My Grandmother didn't start doing that till she'd reached no.7 (of 11).

I am reliably informed that mothers are prone to amnesia, forgetting all the pitfalls of pregnancy etc before long - else the human race would have died out years ago!

(I know this to be true, as my mother is convinced Dave and I were little angels. Is she mental?)

Short answer? I look forward to meeting no.10 before long.

sp

Anonymous said...

On an interesting note (and not a very cheery one)....what we currently pay in day care is more than the fees for St Cuths!!!

Simonne said...

I made a similar declaration about a single child to my OB this morning to which he replied ... "You can't do that. It's bad for business"