About

Thursday 10 July 2008

The kid is going to turn my hair white

And yet I can't even bring myself to feel overly sorry for myself because it's proving a tough pregnancy, because I feel so lucky to be here and to have No. 9. That's crap luck. I can sort of complain, but since my heart's not really in it, I may as well not. Aye aye.

The little toad has been celebrating it's 12 week milestone this week by causing moi to be veeeery uncomfy for the last few days ... which is fine. I'm getting used to it. Today though I felt like I had a belly full of knives, and when it comes to kiddly, I'm not into new types of pain sensations. The old pain sensations were perfectly ouchy enough for a start, but intense sharp stabby pains? Not so keen. Add in a bit of a (red, bugger it) bleed just to liven things up and I'm very glad that I have my OB. I'm not even trying to imagine how many pairs of shoes I could buy with $4,000.00 any more. He can have it.

Horrible child. I'm beginning to think that it just really likes our couch ...or, at least, me on our couch.

The medical verdict at this point is that it looks like it's just more of the same of what we've had, and that it's probably just going to stack up to be a shite pregnancy. Wicked.

On the bright side, my couch-languishing has given me time to compile a list of preferred baby names at this point for your viewing pleasure/horror ... and in the hope that further inspiration may come to me. Which it hasn't.

Girly kiddly

- Harriet
- Ruari/Rori (I can't settle on spelling)
- Antonia
- Charlotte
- Elizabeth (middle name)
- Sarah (middle name)
- Hannah
- Ilspeth (middle name ... and I kind of just included it to irritate Stu)
- Annabel ... although I can't really imagine a child of ours being very Annabelly. But, you never know.

Boy kiddly

- James
- Dexter St. Cool

Boys names are hard. I think we might have to buy a book.

The husband's one contribution to the boy list was "What's the point? She hasn't got a penis."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're after prospective middle names fr boy kiddly, might I suggest Bentley and Fozzie?

Dexter St.Cool Bentley Fozzie Walmsley would be quite a handle, no?

sp

Anonymous said...

oh groovy, VERY groovy name. i will make him psychedelic paisley flares to wear with his cowboy boots.

hmmm, I guess it makes total sense to you now that we called Amelia Stewie to start with, because we were convinced the baby was out to destroy me. And now, when she smiles at me as she does the evillest things I am glad she has Stewie (ish) somewhere in her name.

I think she would have been more kind if she was a Johnston Parker. Not so bright, but kinder. And probably with hair.

We picked Amelia and Johnston way way way long ago, for kids if we ever had an accident, so when she announced her presence, the names were set. We are so not trying again (never did!) but at least have another name sorted if history repeats itself. I also have acess to a lifetime supply of valium . . .

You need to pick names that truly illustrate what an evil troll this baby is going to be . . .

Simonne said...

The funny thing is that the husband and I have bandied possible names around for years, quite literally, with merry abandon. Cue (is that the right cue?) No. 9 though and we can't think of a blardy thing.

I'm very much thinking the same thing vis a vis destruction with No.9. Those two are definitely cousins. Mind you, according to the OB's receptionist who I had a lovely (?) chat with this morning, it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better. They say honesty is refreshing but ... ummm ... She did say though that it's best that I know now that if the OB tells me anything to come is going to be 'uncomfortable' it means I'll probably wish I was dead before it's finished. Wicked! (she did tell me a funny story after that so I forgave her for making me faint)