About

Monday 21 July 2008

Off Wax Bar is the business

If I hadn't spent half the appointment cowering in the corner whenever the therapist looked sidelong at the wax (I'm a bit wary of how much worse than waxing birth might be. Surely not much...?), I'd have even been done inside my lunch hour.

Happy joy.

(P.S. It's just up the road from my work, cheaper than my last place and you get every 6th visit freeeeeee! Plus, they were a bit clever about things, so I didn't even swear. Out loud. Much.)

(P.P.S. My therapist is the best therapist ever in the world because she told me complete lies - that redheads have deeper rooted hair than any other hair colour so it hurts more to yank, and therefore I'm not really a wuss)

(P.P.P.S. Next time you're having a crap life day, be glad that you're you and not my therapist. You think this whinging is bad? There's going to come a time, probably soon, when I can either no longer balance in the shower to shave my legs ... or my legs will disappear from view entirely, and I'll need them waxed as well *shudder*)

(P.P.P.P.S I wonder if she'll be sick when I have my next appointment ....?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hard to tell if birth will be more painful than waxing - this article might help . . .
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn2923

Anonymous said...

BTW, notice that it says redheads need 20% more AESTHETIC than others to kill the pain? It might be Freudian in its slippage, but it DOES explain your buying behaviour as well. None of it, that is the sensitivity to pain, OR your credit card abuse, is YOUR fault. Its your genes. Excellent.

Simonne said...

I so have to print that out and give it to Al as proof!

I wonder if they'll let me do online shopping while I'm in labour to help me cope...?

Anonymous said...

don't wanna rain on your parade but . . . http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1123781825122_119191025/?hub=TopStories

Simonne said...

Poop.