About

Thursday 25 September 2008

The basket was almost empty, so I'm probably not the only fool

To go with the organic brown rice salad I bought for lunch today, I also bought a slice of organic banana bread. I was sucked in by the organicyness of it all - it seemed very good for kiddly for me to be having an organicy lunch for a start, but also it just looked so mother earth I couldn't help myself. Especially when it came to the banana bread which was sitting in a basket on the counter, looking so very organic in its little bag which was tied with unbleached, natural fibre twine. I felt quite righteous and planet friendly as I trotted (there's a possibility that it probably looked more of a slow waddle to anyone I passed, but I'm pretending it was a trot) back to the office ... until I unpacked by righteous planet-friendly lunch, started loading kiddly up with brown ricey goodness, and gazed longingly at my banana bread in its cellophane, non-recyclable little bag. Ug. Woops.

It was very good banana bread though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and what, oh evil one, did you do with the cellophane??? man, it is SOOOOO hard getting it all right isn't it? still, you do what you can to make a change, and all those teeny weeny changes must add up to biggy wiggy ones, surely?
big ups to you for trying anyway.
xxx