About

Wednesday 10 September 2008

A good reason to watch the news and/or pick up a newspaper occasionally

The weather reports.

It was a gorgeous start to the day when I got up this morning, and yet I looked out my office window a few minutes ago to see that what was a blue sky the last time I looked out is now several shades of black and it's bucketing down. This consequently brings to mind the two loads of washing I hung out on the line this morning before leaving for work, and the third load of towels which will now be sitting waiting in the washing machine to be hung out when I get home, all nice and clean and sopping, because it was going to be a beautiful day and I was going to get all my washing done today.

I also have to go up the road at lunchtime, wearing clothing inappropriate to the weather conditions and without a jacket because why? Yes. It was going to be a beautiful day.

Poop.

(Yes, I'm all about the big issues in this blog)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gee. what a shame you found that jacket and put it on trade me so fast -with a little more forethought you coulda worn it up the road in the rain.

Simonne said...

Coulda except one of its best selling points was that it wasn't even waterproof in which case I'd have been just as drowned. Fashion is such a wonderful, impractical thing :-)