About

Thursday 11 September 2008

'Tis the season. Soon.

I wrote my first Christmas function date for 2008 in my diary today.

I have a few thoughts relating to the above, along the following lines ...

Christmas? Already? Seriously?

Cool! That's not far away. I wonder where we're going? I wonder what we'll be having?

Hell. That's not far away, and Cuinn is due a month later.

I wonder what we'll be having?

I hope I can fit in the restaurant.

I wonder what we'll be having?

Crap. There's always much jocularity at these things. I'm not sure about mixing my teeny bladder and jocularity now let alone in a couple of months time.

I wonder what we'll be having?

How in heavens name am I going to stay awake for a Christmas function? It'll be starting at bed time.

I wonder what we'll be having?

I'm hungry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know the kicker? that you won't be getting remotely sloshed, and that you won't have enough room in your stomach (because cuinn's football sized head will have colonised that area of your torso), so no matter how hungry you are you won't get much in. oh, and heartburn. did i mention heartburn? the afore mentioned FSH will ensure that copious amounts of digestive fluid will ignite fires in your throat. perhaps he will make his way out early so as to ensure you have a red-hot go at a decent xmas dinner.
perhaps . . . .

Anonymous said...

oy. you. show us ya belly! seriously, any recent tummy shots. you know how gooey your audience gets over those!

Simonne said...

Actually it has popped out a bit (more) although whether you can tell the difference, I have no idea. I just know that I can fit a lot less food in and my hips are a bit unimpressed.

Thankfully I've escaped heartburn thus far. And stretchmarks. I'm not holding my breath on either count though.