About

Friday 20 February 2009

Awesome. Awesome, awesome, awesome.

Yes, the child is asleep and that is awesome, but I wish to discuss something different.

Have I whinged yet, or even recently, about the wee post-birth, post c-section problem I have with clothes? I don't fit my pre-pregancy clothes by an absolute mile, but I can't wear most of my maternity clothes (bottoms) because they sit across my c-section site and my belly is still really sensitive. And forget about hiding the assorted lumps, bumps and rolls which accrued during pregnancy.

Cue much head scratching on how to clothe oneself and stay comfortable.

But, never fear! I, my friends, have found the ultimate pants.

Well, technically, my sister in law Ruth told me about them, I thought they sounded like a sterling idea, ordered some, waited in a state of feverish expectation (whilst celebrating mightily in advance that they only cost me forty bucks!! Exchange rate, postage, pants and all!!) and this morning ... yes, this morning, they arrived!

I was sitting on the couch and just happened to look up and see the postie depositing a lovely plump internationally-travelled looking envelope that could only have been the pants into our mailbox (No, I have not been stalking our postie every morning this week waiting for them to arrive. OK, well ... yes I have, but it's better than watching infomercials. Agreed?).

Of course, as luck would have it, it's hosing down like it hasn't hosed since the last time it hosed down which made it a very soggy journey to the letterbox, but I dashed out anyway and back into the house trying not to trip over the sopping border collie who thought it would be an excellent idea to follow me out into the rain, clutching the dripping cardboard envelope post-marked from Australia between two fingers - hoping that the pants were in some form of protective packaging inside (they were) - then proceeded to rip open the packaging whilst praying that the pants weren't too complicated for me to put together (they weren't). Bearing in mind I have a four week old, when it comes to pants, putting the right leg in the right leg hole these days is a bit of a challenge. Thank heavens the weather has been such that slip on shoes have been the order of the day since Cuinn was born ... the thought of doing up shoelaces is a bit more than I can cope with just now.

Suffice it to say, Teh Pants are awesome!! (!!!)

(Oh, and erm ... even though it goes without saying really ... forgive me carbon footprint for I have sinned ... but it was so worth it and I am so going to do it again!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG....I want a pair of those pants!!!!

Anonymous said...

Umm I wanna see i piccie of you wearing them!