About

Monday 9 February 2009

More Dr Jekyll, less Mr Hyde

I know I shouldn't dance around in celebratory circles. I know. But I really can't help myself. Even knowing that said dancing in circles is more than likely going to bite me in the butt tonight doesn't stop me.

I am 99.9% sure that the kidlet doesn't have colic. What he has is the grumps. It was actually quite funny last night just sitting back and observing the behaviour because I swear he was trying to find things to cry about, and if anything more interesting than yelling the house down happened, he'd just stop mid-holler.

I don't know whether it was the gripe water, the Ecostore sleepytime bath concoction, the deep bath (sans dunking this time - yay us!), the stars being perfectly aligned or just absolute dumb luck, but he crashed at 9.30pm! Weeee! We crashed at about 10.15pm because we just didn't believe he'd actually gone to sleep. AND he only woke once in the night. Awesome.

Right. I'm going to go and cry about the bill I got from the anaethetist this morning for my epidural. The fact that it is and was worth every single penny does not stop my eyes from watering, forking out close to $600.00.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Heres hoping that the master of the house has had a settled night for you and is safely wrapped up in bed byes.

I used Gripe water for Nyah and it was definitely magic juice.

Dave said...

S -- take a gander at the label on the gripe water... Don't remember exactly how much alcohol is in there, but IIRC it's not a weak tipple. Therein lies the magic soothing effect :)

Simonne said...

Sadly pal of mine, we have the alcohol free formula. HOWEVER, possibly the decent slug of port I downed with last feed of the night may have been of some assistance ...

I'm an excellent parent! :-)