About

Thursday 26 February 2009

Yucky milestones

Cuinn is seeing the doctor for the first time today. Poor baby is sick and very miserable. He's got my disease in spades - a heavy cold and vomiting (he projectile vomited straight up in the air while on his change table during the night ... it was like a baby puke fountain). Presumably the vomiting is caused by the mucus, but I was vomiting too so it may be part and parcel with the disease. Either way, it's not nice and I can't lie him down either or he chokes so we're both spending the day on the couch.

Over and out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh sucky, poor you guys!
Ella got her first bug at 6 weeks and I remember how awful and heart wrenching it was.
Sending truckloads of get well vibes to your wee man. I hope the Dr can help. XX

Anonymous said...

super sucky indeed. commiserations all around. hope today is a better, less puke-laden day. as the WV puts is so succintly - subphat.

Anonymous said...

Sickness sucks. Emma Rose was 12 days old when she got her first sickness -- I remember frantically calling PlunketLine and crying that my baby had been vomiting up mucus and had a fever. My poor mother had arrived from the US earlier that day to meet her grandchild and I was so worried and upset I wouldn't even let her hold Em! I can look back at the notes I wrote in her Plunket book... I used to religiously record every puke, cough, fever, runny poo, sneeze. I don't do that much any more. But I do keep her home from preschool and let her sleep in my bed when she's not well. :) I hope you all feel much better very soon!!!