About

Thursday 13 September 2007

I could tell you how my day went

But I doubt you'd believe me. Seriously. And no, I'm not being dramatic.

Well, I am, but it's perfectly justified.

Lucky, there exists a wonderful thing called pizza and somehow the thought of merrily smothering my sorrows in campylobacter-waiting-to-happen makes me feel sooo much better. It's just a shame that there is no wine in the house, or I'd encourage certain illness by washing it down with copious quantities of that also.

Still, yay for pizza!

And, by now, my replacement should have received a call from the recruitment agency telling her that she is unsuitable for the position and that'll be the end of that.

It seems harsh, but, unfortunately, that's what happens when one's General Manager hires someone on the say so of a recruitment agency (*cough* run by his brother in law *cough*), no one within the company actually interviews her first, and said agency fails to mention that she has only been in the country 2 months and doesn't understand our language particuarly well.

You know, as a general rule.

3 comments:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Ohhhhh dear. Sounds like they need you to be on recruitment detail. Though you probably don't need the extra stress. :S Poor you.

Anonymous said...

He He He! Classic - I LOVE karma. So, do you still get to leave??

Simonne said...

Oh yes, I'm off like a dog shot in the ass!

A very amused dog shot in the ass I might add.

:-) :-)