About

Sunday 23 September 2007

I'd like an extra big medal please!

I weeded my gardens today.

Enough said.

Weeell... maybe not quite enough.

I hate gardening. Absolutely hate it. Firstly, I'm sure that my weeds grow a lot faster than everyone elses, which is completely unfair. Secondly, it's a complete nark that my fruit trees look a bit sick, my grasses have died, the herb situation is tear-worthy, and yet, yet, the weeds manage to grow beautiful, lush and in abundance. What's with that?

Despicable.

It's also very sad that, despite my prayers to the contrary, the weather this morning was absolutely beautiful and there wasn't an excuse in the world for not getting stuck in and doing it. Apparently the Almighty thought it was about time I dealt to the weeds as well.

There was one good giggle to be had (2 actually, if you count that it started raining about 10 seconds after I finished yon heinous task) ... the elderly lady next door (very nice lady) sidled over to say hello while I was cursing and swearing over my trowel, and promptly, but very tactfully, pointed out to me that the awful bulby grassy things that seem to spring up all over the place in my garden, are weeds. I have a funny feeling that she thought that I thought that they were plants, such was their grandeur prior to their being yanked out ... but even better is, I wonder how long she's been looking at my garden and wondering whether to mention it? Hehe.

On another topic altogether, the husband and I went out for a date last night. We saw a movie, and then went to a local Thai restaurant. We had an absolutely gorgeous dinner, and I learned a very valuable lesson about choosing movies.

If FHM magazine gives it five stars, be very, very wary (it's called Superbad for a reason it seems).

On the other hand, for those amongst you of the boy gender, apparently it's hilarious.

No comments: