About

Wednesday 26 September 2007

Ooooooh!! Presents!!

I wasn't even remotely expecting presents, even though I looove them and dream about them at every opportunity, so I was completely bowled.

Then of course, one of the managers threw his hands up in the air and said that he'd been charged with the responsibility of getting me a leaving present and since I'm fussy (me?? Fussy??? I don't know where he gets that idea from), what did I want? He did stipulate that he was thinking of a nice pen. Sooo ...I said a Mont Blanc would be lovely, thanks very much. I don't rate my chances, but at least he knows what to shoot for Technically, I was helping. It was either that, or a Louis Vuitton 'never full' bag, but even I know when I'm just being silly.

Piccie of the pressie below, and with a bit of luck it's out of focus enough that you can't see the cat hair on the tablecloth (I know, vile little monster) or the grubby husband finger prints on the lovely polished stainless steel. I would have taken a picture of it all gorgeous and wrapped, except the guys made me unwrap it at work in case there was food in it. Bless.





(and yay for Nikki telling me how to fix the formatting!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dennis said it is only one and a half days until she comes back into the fold - Alan did say that Dennis was right after all!(but we won't go into that will we?).
Of course Simonne can continue with her blog any time after 3pm or before 8am each day!
(This has been dictated to Jan by Dennis! I don't know if he is serious?)
(he WAS laughing as he dictated!)

Simonne said...

Argh!!

You see? You SEE?? THIS is what I'm talking about. The boss is already peeking!

Tragic.

Oh, and as as aside, Dennis also knows that I said to Allan when he said that :-) I'm quite happy to repeat myself though ...