About

Tuesday 18 September 2007

Soggy Doggy

Jack has the habit of a morn of trotting outside, watering the plants, defacing the lawn and then jumping on the spa pool cover to survey his territory, before heading back inside to look all mournful until I give him his breakfast.

Imagine my delight this morning though, at 6am, when I let him outside as usual, then headed back into the kitchen, only to hear mere seconds later ...

Splash! SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH!!!!!!!!!!

THUD.

Shake! SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE!!!!!!!!!!

Yes indeed.

One's husband filled the spa pool overnight, and one's dog didn't realise that there wasn't a cover on it, and that it was full of water, until he'd leaped over the side already.

So, barely awake, there I was chasing a particularly sodden dog around the house while he distributed approximately half the water from the spa (perhaps I'm exaggerating ever so slightly, but that dog holds a lot of water in his coat when he's wet) throughout the house.

Needless to say, the husband got a semi-abusive phone call.

Once I'd stopped laughing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! hehehehe. Thanks for the morning giggle Jack

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Poor you!!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! Oh for a video camera to capture that! Priceless!!