About

Monday 23 April 2007

Bollocks. It's Monday.

How was your weekend?

Mine was great - Saturday was a pretty happy-cruisy day, and yesterday I spent ruining the environment.

Yes, me, the little green bean recycling freak, consciously polluted our waterways.

You see, I'd had enough of tripping over the boxes of crap that have been sitting in our bedroom since I emptied the bathroom cupboards out in preparation for the great bathroom redo (of which pics are still conspicuously absent, I know. We've had heaps on in the last couple of weeks, so the finishing touches (ala paint) haven't been, well, finished. I swear that if it's not done by this weekend, pics will go up regardless).

One of the things about 'giving the illusion of space' in the bathroom by putting in a smaller cabinet, is that all the crap from the old cabinet (which was twice the size) was never in a million years going to fit in the new cabinet. So, yesterday, after about 10 minutes of staring intently at the boxes (note - plural) of crap (hoping they would shrink under my withering gaze), then at the inside of the cabinet which would accommodate approximately half a (note - singular) box of crap (hence the withering gaze ...I was hoping to shrink everything so it'd fit), and back again, I decided that the only remedy for it was a spring clean of my years of hoarded crap.

I floated a lot of bad stuff into the environment yesterday ...partial bottles of shampoo and conditioner, almost empty hair products, face care stuff, little perfume samples and old makeup ...all sorts. Then of course there was all the vitamins and old meds which expired about fifty five years ago which all went into the rubbish (I know! I know! Very, very, very bad).

Even the fact that I spent about 2 hours washing out all the bottles meticulously for recycling doesn't make me feel better about it. Captain Planet would kick my ass.

I'm having visions of three-headed fish (with particularly good hair) and pink and purple spotted purple seaweed (with very healthy vitamin B levels) and it's all a bit disturbing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you want to add a little more weight to the already obviously serious guilt trip, get the korean movie "the host" out on dvd. you (and al) will laugh yourself to vomiting, but it might put you off such heinous action in the future!