About

Tuesday 17 April 2007

In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit

I have discovered religion.

http://www.stitchministry.co.nz

I can almost hear the angels singing.

Yesterday lunchtime I relieved them of a gorgeous merino cardigan (happy birthday to me today!! ...and Victoria Beckham too apparently. I wonder how many presents she got?) in a fab teal colour which I've never worn before (that I can remember anyway), and I'm thinking that I really could make a bit of space on their dress racks, if you know what I mean.

It's not shopping though, so don't be blaspheming* and calling it that. It's religion. I swear.

Everyone, we have entered a whole new level of divine.....ness** in the great Spending Justification System.

Firstly, let's just establish that religion is very important, right? And, you'd have a hard time arguing that Stitch Ministry is not Church because they have confessionals, three of them(apparently there is a lot of sinning to be confessed in this place. I can't imagine why), pews, and stained glass windows even! Sounds like a Church to me.

They have a tithing system too. Granted, it's a little different, but everyone has to change with the times, Churches included, and it's good that they're really embracing modernity. Different is a good thing. How it works is that I give them all Al's money, and in return I am blessed with cool clothes for my generosity in supporting the Ministry.

The sermons are full of good counsel, and their ministers wise. I'd have ended up buying - I mean, tithing and receiving as a reward for my generosity - the wrong sized cardi (apparently the wrap cardi isn't supposed to wrap per se in the traditional way of wrap cardis, go figure, so I had to go down a size), and I also wouldn't have picked a teal coloured one, had they not gently guided me away from the darkness (a black or grey cardi) and into the light (a teal cardi).

And their bibles are updated each season - none of this same-book-for-a-couple-of-thousand-years business!

So, all in all, it is a time of great joy and enlightenment for the Ginger Shopaholic ........Erm ...I mean ...Sister Mary Constance Ginger.

Amen.


And yes, I have lost the plot. Are you only just coming to this now?



* Says me, yes I know. But I swear that this is the last blasphemous post for a bit. I'm getting a bit concerned for my welfare just quietly ... I keep smelling burning, and I think perhaps the only reason I still have my hide is that God can't see through the cloud cover to land a lightening bolt (or ten) accurately.

* * I have no idea if this is even a word.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha!!!!
(Yep I'm still around)