About

Friday 27 April 2007

I did something rather silly yesterday

On the 'fight or flight' thing with my job, I'm leaning towards fight at this stage. But, I don't do decisions quickly so I'll be at the weighing up stage for a wee bit yet I imagine.

One of the things I'm thinking of is whether working part time would be good. Well, obviously it would be good, but there's quite a bit to factor in really. I'd love to have more time to write, and work on writing projects, but of course financially it would be a hit. Especially when we are wanting to do IVF next year. That $10,000.00 will be a whole lot harder to come up with ...and of course, we can't guarantee that it'd only be one lot of $10,000.00 either. Plus, although I'm at work full time at the moment, between you and me, I'm only working part time anyway really. It's cruisy, just lots of dealing with idiots.

(That reminds me, I have a new pro for the Papakura move - I'll be able to get up later in the morning)

So, as part of the long-winded, painful consideration process, I did a cost exercise of sorts, just out of curiosity, and took a look at how much of my income disappears into the never never (or my wardrobe) as a result of my rampant consumerism, and therefore if I was to pare back said rampant consumerism, how much of an issue the change (drop) in income would really be (aside from the fact of having to pare back my rampant consumerism of course).

So, I printed out all my visa bills from 1st January to date and highlighted all the spending that was simply me buying stuff.

Dumb idea.

I am never doing that again.

Never ever.

Never, ever, ever.

Very dumb idea.

Needless to say the evidence got ripped up into very little pieces and was shoved into the bottom of the paper recycling bag, and I've repressed the memory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahhhhaaaa haa haaa hahahaha - why, why WHY, would any semi-sane person do that. sadomasochism IS treatable you know.

your logic is great, but omigosh, presenting yourself (and the blog reading public at large) with the incontravertable proof of your rampantnessosity???

you need a new dress. or cashmere jersey. or chocolate - STAT!

don't do it again, or your cerebrum may explode. seriously.