About

Friday 13 April 2007

Working on it

I've been working on a post about infertility for a few days, but it's not coming together well at all. What I have to say is really important to me, and it's something that haunts other infertiles as well, but I'm struggling with it.

I want to help people who haven't experienced infertility to understand infertility, which is really hard because they don't have a scope of reference for understanding. That's not a criticism by the way, it just is.

So many infertiles struggle with the black fog that swirls around their feet, advancing one minute and receding the next, and they think that they're not entitled to the feelings they have, the pain they live with. They fall on their swords so often because what else can you do?

I'm trying to make the two meet in the middle ...but I have a funny feeling that they're not going to.

1 comment:

Laurie Winter said...

Ginger, if anyone can do a post like this, you can. I've already learnt so much from you, and changed the way I act in certain circumstances because of what you've said.

Good luck babe... I am sure that when you do post it will be thoughtful, meaningful and clear and I am sure many of us will have something to gain.

xxx