About

Monday 9 April 2007

Still deciding

I'm still not sure about the posting. I'm definitely not going the fluff piece route again though.

We have more progress on the bathroom front! We painted the walls yesterday and I can tell already that this new bathroom is going to be such a happy place. Why? Guess what colour the walls are? Chocolate brown. See? Happy place! The only problem is that hanging out in a chocolate brown room for most of yesterday, I ended up eating quite a bit of it as well. Not the room. The thought just kept planting itself, and it's Easter so there is lots of chocolate in the house. Or was. This is the only tricky bit I foresee with the new bathroom. I really don't want another one of those stomach bugs to rid me of chocolate kilos again.

I'm really surprised that painting it such a dark colour hasn't made the room feel small and dark. I thought it might, and I keep going in there to check whether it's gotten small and dark yet. It came off smaller and darker when it had the old white walls. Perhaps it's the polised floors instead of lino? The wooden floors seem to glow. Who knows? No pics yet anyway as we've still got a little bit to do. I was hoping to be finished this weekend, but we've still got all the ...whatever they're called ...the bits at the top of the walls, and along the bottom of the walls? ...to do. They are going to be an absolute nightmare. They're being painted white, and the walls are chocolate brown. I foresee white paint splatters on chocolate walls. Still, it was either that, or chocolate streaks on white top-and-bottom bits, which would be harder to cover up.

I've done my writing thing that I've been working on too. Sort of. I've done and redone it about 3 times, and I'm still glaring at it because it doesn't seem right. The only time anything ever seems to look right first time is when you're a Uni student, it's7am, you've been up all night and drunk an entire tin of really bad instant coffe, and the deadline is 8am. Then, it looks fine.

But I haven't weeded the garden. That's my reward for doing my other stuff. I despise weeding and I really don't know how some people enjoy it. My absolute hate is those horrible weeds that have sort of like bulbs at the bottom, and if you don't get that bit out in one piece fifty five million new weeds grow in it's place. Argh!

And on that rather inane note, I'm off to potter in my bathroom. I have a rather large white streak on one chocolate wall (from the first coat of ceiling paint) to touch up, and a little bit of sanding where my masking up of the wooden finishing strip between the feaux tiles and the painted walls didn't entirely do the trick.


I'll be back tomorrow properly, though I don't feel on form at the moment. I'm not feeling like myself. There's something going on in my head, and I haven't decided yet whether I'm ready to talk to you about it, or even if there's anything to talk about ... and in the meantime I'm fidgety and I'm brooding on it. Something somewhere in my universe is out of whack. Watch this space I guess.

No comments: