About

Thursday 19 April 2007

Uh oh ...

I have discovered an unanticipated weakness in the Spending Justification System.

Not good.

Long story short(ish), I had a feeling that I had a $50.00 credit on my account at Moochi as part of their customer loyalty program, but I wasn't sure if I'd spent it already. I thought I might buy an accessory with it, if it was there - something little so that I could spend the $50.00 without spending extra, if you're with me. I mean, it's all very well to have a $50.00 credit, but if you use it to buy a $150.00 top, you still have to stump up the other $100.00, which I didn't want to do since I've maxed out my clothing budget for winter.

Aaanyway ...I phoned Moochi to establish whether the $50.00 credit was imaginary or not, and it turned out that I had a $100.00 credit. Eek!! Do you realise how much of my (Al's) money must have gone through their till to have a $100.00 credit sitting there? Oops.

Houston, we have a problem.

This could go one of two ways ...

Either, the husband will do the maths and he'll look at the $100.00 within the context of the customer loyalty program, and then he'll bury me in the backyard.

OR, providing he doesn't read this particular post and start actually thinking about it, it'll all be fine. Puppies and kittens, as Tertia would say.

To my credit though, I did try to explain the problem with the Spending Justification Systems to him last night, but he just couldn't see where the issue was (mind you, he was watching Futurama, so I don't know that he heard anything other than a background wah wah wah from me). He kept saying "But it's bonus money, what are you on about?" and looking at me like I'd grown a second head.

But you guys get it, don't you? You see the flaw?

I'm going to have to fix that flaw, and fix it good.

The future of guilt-free shopping depends on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://money.ninemsn.com.au/saving-and-spending/quiz.aspx?quizid=2394

dear simonne, please do this test and let me know the results . . . altho i suspect i already know the outcome

Cheers
Ruth