About

Wednesday 18 April 2007

Very happy birthday to me!

I got paid my annual bonus yesterday! How's that for timing?

Of course, it's my Christmas bonus, and they haven't half taken their time, but I'm happy to settle for a birthday bonus (just so long as they sort their crap out for this year's bonus).

Overall though, happy joy!


I know you'll be wondering/suspicious, so I am pleased to tell you that I was very well behaved. I saw the happy bank balance yesterday morning, and transferred the whole bonus to our savings account straight away. The whole thing. Cross my heart. Well, pretty much the whole thing. Close enough to the whole thing in a general (extremely large) ballpark kind of way. Sort of ...my bonus, less a dress ...and an extra cardi. You can never have to many cardis, especially at this time of year. Possibly a pair of boots as well... But, otherwise, the whole thing. Absolutely. You can hardly notice the difference ...if you haven't seen the pay slip that is.

No, no, I'm joking - I honestly put my entire bonus, no deductions, into savings. Promise!

And no, I didn't take some out again after I'd put it in. The bonus is still sitting in savings, unmolested, making itself comfortable.


On a completely different note, here's something to ponder/google...

Apples come from an apple tree, lemons from a lemon tree, oranges from an orange tree, plums from a plum tree ...

So why do acorns come from an oak tree?

No comments: