About

Wednesday 16 May 2007

All about undies

During the weekend I cleaned out my undie/PJ/sock drawers which got me thinking about undies. Do you have that problem where finding great undies is ridiculously hard? I despair of finding the perfect pair of undies, I really do. I don't think they exist.

Actually, that's not quite true. They do exist, because I've owned them, but to find them again? Impossible. No, seriously. I mean literally impossible. The ones I had were Italian, and I even googled and emailed the Italian makers to see if I could buy them and have them shipped internationally! (Obsessive, I know. But then, you should see how many times I check and recheck my alarm clock at night, not to mention making sure all the windows and doors are locked before I go to bed. OCD*? I think so.)

So, I am on a quest for the perfect pair of undies.

The thing is I don't like lace, and I don't like satin, and I don't like high cut, and a matching set of bras and undies is one of those things that happens by accident in my world. Funny, I suppose, considering the care and attention that goes into my outerwear.

The thing that really knots my fur is that if you find a great pair of undies, more often than not the bra doesn't suit you, and if you find a great bra, the undies don't work, or you only get briefs in the set, and I don't really do briefs, I'm more of a 'g' girl. (I figure that if your undies are going to bunch up there anyway (and they will. They always do. If nothing else, there's nothing worse than taking the dogs for a walk, and wrestling with undie-bunch the whole way), they may as well start there and be done with it)

Finding the perfect pair of undies is a bit like finding the perfect pair of jeans. Damn near impossible. But, if you do manage to find them, it raises the bar and seriously adds to the degree of difficulty when out shopping for replacements.

Still, I acquired a set (I know! Not just undies! A set!!) at the weekend which looks promising. If it works out, I'm going to nominate Calvin Klein for a medal.



* Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

No comments: