About

Friday 25 May 2007

What a week it's been

It's Friday. Thankfully. Finally. It's been such a long week.

In the course of the week:

I have turned down a job offer. I had an interview last Thursday and was offered the job the next day. One of our customers, when he caught wind of our impending move, offered me a job running his office. I declined Friday - I didn't want to be learning a new job with IVF coming up, and I didn't want to feel obliged to put IVF off because I was in a new job. IVF is the most important thing in our lives right now, it's our highest priority, and putting it off for a job? No thanks. I did still think very hard about it, whether it would be a good thing for me, but in the end, I decided to stay put.

Our office relocation was canned. Management have realised that our office and warehouse simply cannot be run out of the Papakura premises they wanted to shift us to. Our team is exhausted and stressed after a very long and intense few weeks, and we've all just sort of collapsed in a heap now that it's all over. It's been a very full time with Management from Head Office in Auckland trying to make it work, and not being able to. Don't even ask me about the unhappy customers that have pouring in the door endlessly to put their two cents in.

Al and I found out that, we will be doing IVF - there's little chance of natural conception. Yes, we were working towards it so it's not a surprise, but you always have hope, and that hope is what we've lost this week. It's a hard thing to accept. Yes, it's good to know why we're not conceiving (at least, successfully. I find it odd that we have conceived, prior to the endo surgery, but nothing has happened since. Dr. G has his theories, but who knows? The point is that it's been a looong time since the last time.), but it's hard to be completely helpless. I never thought we'd be making our babies in a lab when we decided to have a family. It was never in our plan that some faceless person with a lot of technology at their fingertips and fifty five degrees would be making our babies. But, hopefully, when it gets down to it, someone in the lab will let me take a photo of the big ass needle so I can post it on here, you lot can share in the squirming a little. It's only fair.

I have PMS.

Al has PMSATS (PMS Associated Trauma Syndrome)

But, on the bright side ... This morning, on the motorway, I had the brainwave of all brainwaves (yes, that's what that big blue flash in the sky was at about 7.15am), and finally came up with an idea of what I can give Al when he turns 30 in December (he's getting old - it's important to remind him of it ...rubbing it in is what any loving wife would do ...). It's a genius plan, so I'm feeling good, kicking off the day.

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments: