About

Wednesday 30 May 2007

Psychological fricking warfare

My period is five days late, and my mind and body have gone to war. My body refuses to co-operate, my mind is getting pissy ...my body is standing it's ground, and my mind is getting pissier (not a word, I know, but it works). It's revolting really, our hope of becoming pregnant is so small, and yet we're staring down a very late period ...the one thing you hope for when you can't get pregnant, but for reasons other than just a contrary body. Someone is getting a laugh out of this, but it's not me.

The one thing I had going for me in all of this was nice regular 28/29 day cycles. I jumped out of line a little after the surgery, probably because I bled a lot afterwards and my body went into recovery mode, but that was months ago and I was back to my usual cycle length within 2 cycles. Apart from that? I was only noticeably late when I was pregnant.

I'm not, by the way, in case you're clapping your hands. The poor husband has been walking on egg shells, checking every morning if it's started, and finally convinced me to do a pregnancy test last night. Two lines is negative, right? No, no. I'm joking. Bad joke, but a joke nonetheless. Us infertiles get our kicks where we can. It was negative. Promise. Very negative. No doubt about it. Just as well really. I'd have hated to have missed out on IVF. It's going to be such fun.

I'd swear on the bible that I tracked my ovulation correctly this month as well, and yet here we are. Five days late.

My PMS has PMS.

Bollocks.

Stupid body.

No comments: