About

Thursday 24 May 2007

Timing is everything

Scene:


The Ginger is sitting at the kitchen table, working on the laptop, while The Husband makes her a hot chocolate and himself a coffee (note: The Ginger is still ahead vis a vis the coffee making business ...The Husband has made more for The Ginger than The Ginger has made for The Husband). He has just picked up the jug for steaming the milk, to find the milk steamer nozzely thing sitting in water in the jug. The Ginger always does this ...steams her milk when making coffee, and then once finished, she puts clean water in the jug, runs the steamer for a short burst to clear the nozzle, and then pulls the nozzle off and leaves it in the water to soak or whatever.


The Husband "Tsk" (and picks the nozzle out of the water and rinses the jug)

The Ginger "What?"

The Husband "Nothing"

The Ginger "No. What? Does it annoy you that I do that?"

The Husband "Yes. You always do it."

The Ginger "Well ...it's soaking. To get all the milk off"

The Husband gives The Ginger a skeptical look.

The Ginger "You do things that annoy me. All the time"

The Husband "You never fill the iron up with water"

The Ginger "I do so!"

The Husband gives The Ginger yet another skeptical look

The Ginger "I do so fill it up!! I fill it up, and then I iron my clothes. I can't help it if I use all the new water when I iron my clothes."

The Husband snorts.

The Ginger "You never rinse the dish cloth when you've wiped up all the coffee grounds from making your coffee, and the cloth gets all manky and smelly and gross, and I have to rinse it. All the time."

The Husband pauses and then very artfully holds up, by one corner, the cloth The Ginger used that morning to wipe up her coffee grounds, still covered in coffee grounds, because she didn't rinse it (for the first time ever, I swear!).

Honestly, the timing.

I really should have used the leaving 5 pairs of work and walking boots strewn around the lounge. The cloth was a very bad example.

And for the record, this morning I rinsed the cloth and pulled the nozzle out of the jug.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honestly! Everyone knows you need to soak the nozzle to get the milk off!! :o)~

Anonymous said...

yeah, and everyone knows you have to soak the little pot you heat the milk in when you make a latte (sans flash kick butt coffee machine) - duh huh!
get with the programme al . . .

Anonymous said...

I think the most important thing to remember is... the woman is always right!

Anonymous said...

may I add, CAFES - CAFES . . . think about it - in cafes, you (or at least I), ALWAYS see the milk nozzly thing . . . WHERE??? WHERE??? all together now, SOAKING IN WATER BECAUSE . . . because why??? because thats how you get the MILK OFF!!!