About

Friday 22 June 2007

Apparently I REALLY shouldn't have said ...

That I'd be able to pick my car up yesterday afternoon.

I'm not feeling good that I put my car in for a service Wednesday, and it's now Friday. I'm really not feeling good that they hope it'll be ready for me to pick up today. Apparently they've encountered problems (other than me wanting my car back) ... and I've encountered a rather nasty feeling that this is going to be expensive.

Did I mention that the courtesy car they gave me is brand spankers off the lot? Not bad eh? Only 2000 kms on the clock. It's a bit gutless though, so I'll be glad to get my VW back. As I was driving home on Tuesday night (after dropping my car off, so they could get into it first thing Wednesday ... it was only supposed take half a day) I attempted to go up a slight incline in the road at 50km p/h ... and the poor wee car sort of wheezed out something along the lines of "You want me to do what? At what speed?" and I found myself leaning forward in the seat in an effort to help it get up the road. Plus it's red, so it clashes with my hair something awful. I think the car company's plan is that they give you a brand new car and you might be interested in buying one. Not likely.

And on that note, I have work to do - my storeman hasn't turned up to work again. No doubt that cracking noise he's hearing at the moment is the thin ice he's been skating on giving way. I'm not sure that he has clicked onto the fact that my word is enough to have him out the door. Still, there's a bright side to everything - at least I get to break in the brand new steel caps that the company had to provide me with because I keep having to work in the warehouse (and because I dropped a 35kg roll of butynol rubber on my foot the other day).

Happy Friday pals of mine!

No comments: