About

Monday 11 June 2007

Enough already!

Our TV which blew up on Friday night.

Yep. TV go poof!

We're having one hell of a year.

I have to admit, just between us though, that I'm kinda enjoying the quiet. I could give or take TV at the best of times, so living without one for a bit doesn't bother me immensely. Don't get me wrong ... I'll miss the odd thing, but I'm happy enough without it for now.

The husband however is suffering dreadfully. No TV means not only no TV, but no xbox either. Something of a horror situation for him. He's been managing to amuse himself to an extent - chasing me around the house suggesting we do what people used to do for amusement before TV was invented ... which is not, apparently, folding the washing.

Oh, and on Sunday, I shrunk a $240.00 jersey that I've worn about 4 times. It's not just a bit short either, because you can layer for that. Oh, no. It seriously shrunk. As in, tonight I am going to take said jersey next door to see if it will fit my 3 year old neighbour. How pissed off am I, on a scale of 1 to 10? Considering I followed the washing instructions to the letter? Very. But, it's not getting replaced.

I'm really not sure of the origin of all this karmic joy and happiness, but I wish someone would consider the score settled. In the meantime though, I'm going to hide under the bed.

Fingers crossed that the TV is fixable.

No comments: