About

Thursday 21 June 2007

Apparently I shouldn't have said ...

"Yeah, it's freezing, but at least it's not raining" quite so many times in the lead up to yesterday.

But, on the bright side, I've had two random bills from the IRD totalling $250.00 over the last couple of days. Isn't that nice of them? I love getting random, completely unexpected bills for large amounts of money. Well, large enough anyway considering how much money has been flying out the door of late on very uninteresting (ergo not shopping) things. Al and I worked out that we've spent close to $15,000.00 this year, just in stuff crapping out (eg. washing machine, his car) and random things going wrong (eg. my central locking fritzing, my cell phone being stolen). That's not a bad run of completely shite luck really, isn't it? I'm not sure if he counted the FA bills or not, but all in all, I can't say I really want to know.

Plus, this afternoon I get to pick my car up post-service and installation of brand spanking new cam belt (and hopefully sans new water pump and crank shaft, whatever that is).

Still, I am being really good with my budget, and I'm watching any unnecessary spending ... learning to behave with my VISA (I'm almost waiting for a call from the VISA people to check that my card hasn't been lost or stolen because it's barely been used of late ...). There was that impulse buy of a bag of lollies the other night which was $1.50 ... but in my defence, I had a sugar craving. Also if you look at it in the context of Nikki (fellow reforming rampant consumerist) bought a sewing machine, my bag of lollies doesn't seem quite so bad. Weeellll ... I suppose there was the cell phone, but I'd just finished a successful run of selling things on Trademe which paid for it. Almost. I just had to donate a little bit extra to the cause. (It's very important not to completely let your spending-justification skills go)

I'll confess to going out at the weekend with the firm intention of buying a new pair of jeans though. I had big plans to be a budget-bad-ass. But, in the end, I got all the way to Newmarket and I couldn't bring myself to spend the money. I also need a haircut, but the only place I'll go is Toni & Guy, and since that'll cost a quick hundy, I'm resisting the urge.

Not bad for a semi-reformed Ginger hmmm?


Have a nice Thursday.!

1 comment:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

S. I can't believe you tried to drag me into this! Especially following today's confession of apron and kitchen cannisters. Ah well, suppose I have to buy the jersey now, if only to make you feel better about rampant consuming. xox