About

Tuesday 26 June 2007

Going Herbal

As far as cynics go, I'm pretty much dedicated to the cause when it comes to herbal health stuff.

A life member of the herbal-remedies-are-a-load-of-horse-shite society all in all.

But, I am going to try Chinese herbs.

I have a little time up my sleeve, and if there is something I can do which might mean that my uterus is the happiest little uterus in the world pre-IVF, and therefore eminently more cheerful about being the recipient of 1x ICSI embryo, then I'll order a double. Considering what this IVF cycle is going to mean in terms of what my body will be put through over the course of the cycle, swallowing a few Chinese herbs isn't really that drastic.

So, I have word of an extremely good Chinese herbalist, and I'm going to drag Al off as well. We'll have to plan a weekend when he's not working and head down to Palmerston North where she is based. Imagine if we didn't have to do IVF at all? I know, that's pie in the sky, but even if it's enough to ensure that the cycle works, then I'll give it a go.

As someone said to us at the weekend, as they showed us their 8 year old child, fast asleep in the most uncomfortable looking position I've ever seen, blankets kicked off all over the place, snoring away, that's what it's all about.

As a side thing (sort of), Tertia posted the other day that research has shown that infertility patients are second only to cancer patients in what they will endure to find healing / to have a child. That staggers me, and yet doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

go, go , GO super herbalist woman . . .

we are all (three of us) behind you, and your niece is kicking me because at present she is unable to actually VOICE HER support. i think she will appreciate having a cousin or two to play with over the next few years, and looks like you will make it happen come hell or high water! (in the words of 'fat bastard,' "get in mah bellee babee")

warning - the stuff tastes dreadful, but you will have the joy of knowing that you are doing the best you can do without resorting to back magic or worse.

Anonymous said...

um, that would be BLACK magic - early early early over here . . .

Simonne said...

Hmmm ... black magic. I didn't think of that! I did get given a sticky-IVF-baby slinky on Saturday night though by some very drunk friends. Do you think that counts?