About

Friday 3 August 2007

And the winner is ...

Neither. I've been ruined.

Six months ago, I bought a new handbag for a quick $369.99 or something around that mark. Maybe $359.99? Anyway, I bought it without blinking.

Today, I stand before you a different woman in a budgety frame of mind.

I can't bring myself to spend $500.00, or even $400.00 on an overnight bag (helped along by the fact that I arrived home last night to a rates bill and a water bill, due one day apart). It's just an overnight bag. It's also $500.00 that we may need towards IVF.

But, on the bright side, because it's Friday and we're all about the bright side on Friday, Al's cousin flew up to Shanghai last night, and bless him, armed with pictures and guidelines, he is going shopping for my overnight bag. YAY for Al's cousin and his willingness to shop. We love that in a cousin. It's almost better than shopping myself because it's pretty much going to be a surprise, and, because it's China, it's probably only going to cost about 50 cents.

So, one for happy skippy joy!

Have a good weekend people! xo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you!!! Our little anti-comsumerist!!!!

Simonne said...

*Takes a bow*

[:P]

Nikki Elisabeth said...

I approve. Very much so.

Well done S!

P.S. Resent cracks about sewing machines and digital cameras. :P ;)

Anonymous said...

So best not to mentione phrases like "child labour" "human rights" etc....just kidding... great idea! I would do the same!!!

Simonne said...

Oooo ... good point for justification of future expensive spends though Sam!

And as for this one, I am gasping with horror on the inside ... but Al's cousin text yesterday from China to say that he got me a Burberry overnight bag for $60.00, so I'm kinda grinning on the outside ... I am a very bad person.