About

Friday 31 August 2007

Cat on a hot tin roof

My niece is on the way (!!!)

My sister-in-law's waters broke late yesterday, so I'm sitting (actually, pacing a hole in the carpet but I'm pretending to be cool, calm and collected) waiting for the call to say that our new little family member is here with us.

Of course, we do hope that if she has the Johnson nose, it's the small version, and that she doesn't pop out with a Leach nose. We really hope that.

Anyway, to pass the time, and bearing in mind that my parents were having collective hysterics when they phoned last night to say it was all on, I waited a couple of hours before texting them and saying ...

"Ha ha! Made you look!" (Yes, yes, evil but so so funny. Dad apparently had to pick Mum up off the floor)

And then, this morning, when my boss text me first thing to say he was off sick today, I had a blimmin heart attack, so I shared the love and gave Mum and Dad another one.

Hehe.

Anyway, I'll have your collective thoughts and prayers for Ruthie who is doing the hard yards at the moment ... trying to cope with my brother who is probably having hysterics as well. Oh, and giving birth, though my guess is that that probably pales in comparison.

I love you both, and I can't wait for news. I'm just sorry that I'm not right there, pacing my hole in the carpet.

No comments: