About

Monday 6 August 2007

On the perfect weekend

Life has been chaos the last few weeks, mostly courtesy of work, and I've been exhausted. You know that kind of tired where no matter how much sleep you get, or how little you do, everything still hurts and you just can't seem to catch up? Exactly.

Next weekend we've got family visiting and then we're heading away for a couple of days, and I really want to make the most of both, so my plan for this weekend just been was to chill, relax and regroup, which I think I did to perfection, or close enough.


Saturday I went for my usual bikini wax and eyebrow thing and then, feeling relaxed and fabulous (funny how getting your pubic hair ripped out by the roots whilst trying to be brave and not yell bad words can leave you feeling so chilled ... or perhaps it's more a state of catatonic horror? Either way, it works) I went and visited a friend and her beautiful new kitty, and we had tea and sticky buns for morning tea, and talked about shopping (heaven), ending the visit with a yet-to-be-designated future date for a shopping trip. Finished the day by walking the dogs, and then making an enormous mess in the kitchen which turned out to be very yummy cannelloni with home-made tomato, basil and ricotta sauce. Go me! And, of course, a good nights sleep.

Sunday was bliss ... I crawled out of bed at about 9, made myself a fresh coffee and a cream cheese and strawbery jam bagel, and then sat down and went through a great pile of Cuisine and House & Garden magazines, collecting recipes, and writing others that I've had lying about into my recipe book. I think it was about 11 before I finally climbed out of my PJs. I was taking the cat's lead ... she spent the morning blissfully stretched out on the kitchen table in the streaming sun, snoozing (I didn't have the heart to turf her off she looked so happy and cute - I'll just wash the tablecloth).


The rest of the day was spent baking chocolate brownies, walking dogs, house ordering, cleaning and examining the (much improved) household budget. I even thought about weeding the front garden. Thought, mind.

All in all, it's the stuff that great weekends are made of and I feel sooo much better.

The only problem with any weekend is that Sunday leads into Monday, and Mondays shouldn't be allowed.

1 comment:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

Surely you can think of Monday as one day closer to next weekend...?
Sounds fab though. Wish I could banish thoughts of impending due dates for essays in order to enjoy my weekend as much as that! xoxox