About

Thursday 30 August 2007

So, here we are

Good call for not voting for yesterday, I had it typed and ready to go, but I didn't send it. The end of the week is still in the running though (it doesn't actually make a difference vis a vis my notice period. So long as I send it by the 31st, I still finish at the end of September if I decide to resign).

After chewing on it and giving myself yet another headache, I counter offered to my managers this morning on the salary issue.

The main problem I had with counter offering is that I don't think I actually want them to accept it, but I'm terrified I am going to make the wrong decision. I think I want them to say no, but I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do. If they accept it though, it's a good salary package, and one that I would have to at least try and stick it out for.

I know that where I am at the moment is possibly the best thing vis a vis IVF, time off, holidays, sick leave, relaxed atmosphere, but ... I am so bored. I'm busy, hell yes I'm busy, but I'm bored, and The Ginger and boredom do not a happy combination make. I start to go a bit daffy(er). Plus, it's all very well to stick it out because of IVF, but who knows how long that's going to take, and to be perfectly honest, I am completely pissed off that, yet again, life is on hold over IVF. I know it will be worth it in the end, but you can't imagine how hard it is in the meantime.

Anywho, I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Decided to own up - Jan was worried someone else wanted you - gave her a heart attack - don't need that extra stress while D is jaunting overseas! WE WANT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!******!!

Anonymous said...

i quit my job yesterday and it felt great. i recommend it!