About

Friday 10 August 2007

In case you hadn't noticed, it's Friday

And thank goodness for that. It's been a week and a half and I'm sooo looking forward to the end of play today. We have our nephew arriving (with parents in tow, of course) tonight (we think) and rumour has it there is going to be a trip to the zoo on the cards - I love going to the zoo with my niece and nephew. It's hilarious. We went with my niece a few months ago, and she was just starting to learn words, and sounds and things, and she spent the whole way around the zoo 'woofing' at the animals. Plus, Uncle Al was carrying her on his shoulders and paying no attention whatsoever to the things that were above his head height, but not above hers and spent a goodly amount of time walking her into all manner of tree branches. You could see the look on her face as she was heading towards yet another tree ... it was very much "Ah, crap, here comes another one' and she'd just screw her face up, wear the tree, and then wipe her face off and carry on grinning. There are some very relaxed genes in that kid.

Plus, I have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off next week (no posts, sorry!) so it's even better - I've taken them as annual leave, but they're very much mental health days.

I've locked horns with my senior managers in a big way in the last few days - they've decided they're onto a good thing with me, and I've decided I'm onto a very bad thing with them, so it's playing out in a rather colourful email war at the moment. Al says I need to ring my manager, but I do so love email and letters because you have all the employment law illegals right there in writing. Watch this space.

And now kiddies, I must go and do some work, as it is coming out my ears.

See you Thursday!!

2 comments:

Nikki Elisabeth said...

I might have tagged ya. But it seems you are rather busy... oh well, when you are sick of work and want to blog! Tag

Anonymous said...

Ginger...sorry to say it, but pink was better. I LOVED your old layout...now there is no snoppy pics and the page is so...not snappy??? Please, it's not like you haven't broken other rules (or budgets)...WEAR PINK!